Visiting the Pend Oreille River Valley
To learn more about what is going on in the Pend Oreille River Valley, including events, places to stay, dine and eat, etc. please visit the following:
Boating Education, Licensing & Safety
- For more information on Washington’s boating education, licensing requirements, and safety, visit Adventures in Boating Washington: or contact the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission at 360 902-8844.
- For more information on Idaho’s boating education, licensing requirements, and safety, please visit Adventures in Boating Idaho: or contact the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation at 208 334-4199.
Diggings - A newsletter all about discovering a sense of place in Pend Oreille County, produced by WSU Extension - Pend Oreille County in partnership with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians Natural Resources Department. Topics include local history, flora, fauna and our environment. Sample articles which may be of particular interest to those experiencing the Pend Oreille River include:
- The Smell of Home
- What We can do to Protect the Pend Oreille Watershed
- Wetlands of the Calispell - Cusick Valley
- Invaders and Indicators
- Native Trout in the Pend Oreille Watershed
- Eroding Turbidites and Riverine Puzzles
- Fish Doctor
- Water Quality and Fisheries Database now Available
- Waterfront Landscaping Questions and Answers
- Protecting our Stream Flows
Kayak & Canoe Rental
- Boundary Tours - Offering guided kayak tours and canoe and kayak rentals between Metaline Falls and Boundary Dam, the end of the Pend Oreille River Water Trail.